Waterborne Spray Gun Cleaners
(E40M, E50M, E100M, E300A, E700M & E800A)
- Q. How does a BECCA Waterborne Paint Spray Gun Cleaner work, and how is it different from a Solvent Paint Gun Cleaner?
A. All BECCA models have been designed with exclusive features proven to get a paint gun cleaned quickly as well as protecting the air passageways at the same time. BECCA waterborne units have the same tools as a BECCA Solvent Paint Gun Cleaner (Power Pistol, Flow Brush, PowerClean Compressed Air Quick-Disconnect), as well as some additional features that are unique to the waterborne process: We add a blow-off air pistol, and a 5 gallon liquid container and a Clarifier System, three container “off-line” fluid recycling system, as standard equipment.
- Q. How many different waterborne paint gun cleaners does BECCA have?
A: BECCA has five models ranging from a small footprint manual unit, up to the high production, multi-painter automatic/manual unit used for training in most Paint Company Training Centers across the U.S.A.
- Q. Is any special training or expertise required to operate and maintain the BECCA products?
A: No. BECCA has four different training tools available: Our website at www.beccainc.com has training videos on each model and a “how-to” video on the recycling (Clarification) process. With each shipped unit there are simple Operator Instructions. Printed operator manuals and large laminated posters with 9 photos and instructions in English and Spanish will be with each unit. These posters include, laminated “tips-from-the-pro’s” and troubleshooting posters, along with periodic maintenance schedules.
- Q. Does every BECCA model come with the Clarifier System, 3 container recycling system, included in the base price?
A: Yes. Every model comes equipped with the standard 5 gallon container and the 3 container, “off-line” BECCA Clarification (flocculation) system. Also included is the bubbler for churning the fluid and the dual pocket filters to capture the paint waste. Our exclusive “off-line” system allows painters to continue to paint cars and clean their paint gun as the Clarification Process is being completed.
- Q. What are the dimensions of the different models and how much clearance is required?
- 50M – 18″ Wide x 12″ Deep x 24″ Tall
- Note – Optional Stand with Legs, add 35.5″ to Height
- E100M – 26″ Wide x 23″ Deep x 44″ Tall
- E300A – 15″ Wide x 26″ Deep x 42.5 Tall
- E700M – 26″ Wide x 26″ Deep x 57″ Tall
- E800A – 26″ Wide x 26″ Deep x 57″ Tall
- 50M – 18″ Wide x 12″ Deep x 24″ Tall
- Q. How do I know which model is best for my shop?
A. First determine if a manual or Manual/Automatic is your preference. The higher the number of spray guns cleaned per day (especially on “crunch-days”), the more apt you are to benefit from the automatic, “hands-free’ models.Next we suggest a candid appraisal of the real motivation driving the decision.
Some considerations may include:
- Painter Efficiency (uptime)
- Reduction of Waste
- Ease of Use
- Ease of Maintenance
- Number of Painters
- Lowest possible Price
When BECCA Optional Heat is chosen, will the unit be placed inside or outside the paint mix room?
- Q. Why does BECCA have Optional Heat Options for raising the temperature of the cleaning solutions?
A. Heat makes the fluid more effective and the process faster. BECCA has Waterborne Gun Cleaners in most of the Paint Company Training Centers across the U.S.A. and nearly all are equipped with our optional Heat Systems. The trainers tell us that by raising the fluid temperature to about 120 degrees, the guns get cleaner, faster and require detail “tear-down” cleaning less often. BECCA offers two types of Heaters:
- EXP-Heat, Heat-On-Demand is similar to other new water heater systems being utilized in home “on-demand” systems. It is fast, energy efficient and very durable. It is also explosion-proof, so the system can be placed inside the paint mix room and meets the requirements of NFPA33 for Class 1 Div1
- General Purpose Heater5, This “heat-band” system requires more attention and is less expensive to purchase. Like a hot water tank it requires energy over a longer period of time (2-3 hours) to bring the fluid to the proper temperature. It is not explosion proof and should not be placed inside the paint mix room.
- Note: All BECCA Heat Systems include a 7 day programmable timer with each unit. Thus, the cleaning solution is “ready-to go” when the shop is ready to clean spray guns. The timer also assures that the fluid does not evaporate when the shop is closed at night and on weekends.
- Q. Are Installation instructions shipped with the units?
A. Yes, and they also can always be found on our website at www.beccainc.com
- Q. Where are the BECCA products made, and where are the consumable and replacement parts stocked?
A. BECCA products are Made in the U.S.A. in Kennesaw ( Atlanta area) GA. All consumable and replacement parts are available for immediate delivery from our factory in Kennesaw.
- Q. What is the warrantee on BECCA Products?
A. Two year Limited Warranty — The Longest in the Industry.
- Q. Does BECCA have Leasing Plans available?
A. Yes, through our leasing partners we have various lease options to offer. Contact us if you are interested in leasing BECCA products.
- Q. Why should I consider BECCA over other Paint Spray Gun Cleaners I can buy?
A. Because we don’t make any money if you buy from those other bastards!!!!!!!!!
- BECCA products are always built to heavy-duty, long life standards not available from any other domestic or off-shore suppliers.
- Being made in the U.S.A., BECCA delivery and factory support is quick and accurate.
- Our products have many exclusive features, such as “top-of-the-line air and fluid flow control on all tools, PowerClean Quick-Disconnects which protects the gun air passageways, Air Filter/Regulators, Powder Coated Finishes, and Standard, Off-Line Clarification (flocculation).
- We sell through the Paint Distributor Network nationwide. We are one step closer to our users by avoiding the Warehouse Distributor channel of distribution.
- BECCA has pioneered options which make the operation of its products faster, more effective, and user friendly such as: two different Heat Systems, and replaceable cartridge Filtration Recycling Systems to extend the time between Clarification.
- Q. Why has BECCA added PowerClean compressed air quick disconnects to all of its Paint Gun Cleaners?
A. The PowerClean QD’s protect the air passageways during the cleaning process. Water based cleaning solution cannot get into air-ways at either end of the spray gun when it is pressurized. It stops any residue contaminants from the air passageways. It also keeps the aluminum surfaces dry prohibiting corrosion. Unprotected from the water droplets, the passageways are proven to corrode over time, causing particles to be exhausted into the spray pattern. The pressurization also helps agitate the fluid around the needle and tip area during the cleaning process.
- Q. Why does BECCA offer optional Filtration with its paint gun Cleaners?A. The replaceable cartridge filtration option extends the life of the Waterborne Cleaning Solution allowing for the Clarification (flocculation) Process to be done less often.
- Q. Does every BECCA Waterborne Spray Gun Cleaner come standard with the 3 bucket Clarification System?
A. Yes, the E50M, E100M, E700M Manual Units, and the E300A and E800A Automatic/Manual models all have the exclusive “off-line”, triple container Clarification System. Also included is an “air-bubbler” which attaches to the compressed air QD and churns the fluid to speed up the process. The filtering of the paint material is done in two filters (one wide mesh and one fine mesh) which are attached to the top of one of the containers.
- Q. What should I use for my Waterborne Cleaning Solution?
A. BECCA recommends either any purified water (distilled preferred to remove minerals that can leave water spots) combined with BECCA WaterWave concentrate additive (one small bottle of WaterWave, well shaken, with each 5 gallons of water), or your Paint Company recommended waterborne cleaning solution with one bottle of WaterWave additive. The BECCA additive contains a surfactant (soap), and anti-bacterial which inhibits the growth of bacteria (which causes the “sewer-smell”), an anti-foaming agent (foam tends to develop otherwise), and a mild tangerine scent.Note: For Paint Brand specific recommendations go to the Water Wave page and open the PDF file.
- Q. How can I make my Waterborne Cleaning Solution last longer before I have to Clarify (flocculate) it?
A. We strongly recommend that the painter dump all the raw paint left in the paint gun into a “Waterborne Waste Container” immediately after removing the cup. We also recommend that a small amount of waterborne cleaning solution be squirted into the fluid nipple. That “rinse” should also be dumped into the waste container (being sure to “trigger” the gun during the rinse dump to dispel the paint rinse left in the front of the gun). This reduces the volume of raw paint that ends up in the cleaning solution allowing it to stay cleaner, longer.
- Q. My painters are in the habit of pre-rinsing and chasing all their solvent spray guns with thinner. Should they rinse and chase their waterborne guns using the same method?
A. NO! Pre-rinsing is highly recommended, but NEVER with thinner, ammonia, Rain, or any other solvent. These solvents cause the paint material to become “gummy” and make the gun harder or impossible to get really clean.
Chasing the clean gun with anything is not necessary and can create serious problems over time. It has been proven that tiny particles of base coat material left in a clean gun will build up and harden over time in a solvent chased waterborne spray gun and become nearly impossible to break loose without a very aggressive “tear-down” detail cleaning.
BOTTOM LINE- If the spray gun is clean and dry, why chase it with anything?
- Q. Why does BECCA sell its Clarification Powder in Packets (“Tea Bags”)?
A. Our Clarifier Packets are produced in Dissolving Paper Packets as a convenience to the user. They are pre-measured to avoid the tendency to use too much powder. They are easy and safe to handle and avoid the risk of breathing the powder (which puffs and goes airborne easily). And they can be used with any brand of Spray Gun Cleaner.
- Q. Can I use BECCA WaterWave Concentrated Additive in another brand of spray gun cleaner?
A. Absolutely! We are the only company that has an additive that “knocks-down” the highly unpleasant odor of recycled cleaning solution. (Anybody’s solution). The BECCA additive, with its anti-bacterial ingredient works wonders at eliminating the disgusting odor often found with competitive units. One small bottle of the WaterWave added to existing solutions will solve the odor problem!
If your question was not found Contact Us, so we may help you!